Looking at all the entries at the DiGi WWWoW and it’s inspired me to make a comeback to blogging. Rather than sit on my behind and let the moment pass, thought I’d blog right now:
- Blogging seems to still be going strong – plenty of blogs I hadn’t read about, but seemed to have an audience.
- There was a clear gulf between blogs that knew what they wanted to do, and the blogs that didn’t. Those that had a clear audience and theme in mind were simply much more effective.
- Some blogs still have banner ads all over the place like its 1998. Seriously?
- Social plugins on some blogs seem to be all over the place and sometimes obscures the view of important content, something to think about before going gaga over plugins.
- Loading times… Having to browse through something like 40+ sites made me really take notice of loading times. Too many pictures in high resolution on your front page will irritate people browsing your site.
- And finally, I’m no grammar nazi, but I’m still a big fan of writing in readable English ( or whatever language you use) instead of abbreviations.
Comments aside, I’m thinking I need to take my own advice about blogging too and just get stuck in again. Let’s see how this goes.